Metal Flat Roof Repair & Recovery
Zinc, aluminum, galvanized steel flat roof repair and encapsulation
The Flat Roof Recovery Company uses Tor Coatings Elastaseal™ and 3M liquid roofing to repair and recover metal flat roofs.. We can fully encapsulate all metal substrates, saving you the cost of a potentially expensive re-roof.
Corrugated, galvanized iron sheets have been traditionally used as a light weight and durable roofing material for commercial flat roofing applications. In more recent times new, modern metal roofing materials such as copper, zinc, stainless steel and, most commonly, aluminium sheeting are often used to fulfill the same purpose, to cover a large area where the covering materials strength to weight ratio, and design flexibility, is of the utmost importance.
Click on any of the images below for some examples of metal flat roofs recovered by The Flat Roof Recovery Company:
|Metal roof prior to refurbishment with Tor Coatings' liquid waterproofing system||Application of pink primer coat||Completed metal roof after application of the Sealoflex system|
The Flat Roof Recovery Company can repair and recover the following types of metal flat roof.
- Corrugated galvanized steel roofs.
- zinc, aluminum and silicon-coated steel roofing.
- Metal tile sheets.
- Stainless steel roofing.
- Aluminum roofing
- Copper flashings and guttering.
Alloys are frequently used for metal roof coverings as the industry strives to produce materials with improved resistance to wear and tensile strength Modern metal flat roof coverings can be immensely durable, with many companies giving warranties of up to 25 years.
Problems with metal flat roofing
Some drawbacks to metal flat roofing:
- Thermal movement can be a problem on badly laid roof metal flat roof as most metals are very good conductors of solar radiation.
- Corrosion can also be a problem, caused by the improper use of incompatible metals
- Metal roofs, Aluminum for instance, can be very expensive to re-roof like for like.
- Metal roofs often have protective coatings that need replaced regularly when they wear away.